Is it possible to add a different panel implementation for plasma?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:42:38 UTC 2016

On 19/12/2016 02:31 μμ, Marco Martin wrote:

> it is not possible to create a different panel view neither change the panel
> settings view, nor the sizing policies.
>
> What you can do is to add a custom action to the context menu, which will
> create a new dialog window in which you can put the settings controls you need

 From design point view this is not what I want(I can not change the
visibility state or the thickness value, maximumLength, minimumLength etc.)

I would like something much cleaner, so I will fight by providing my own
executable to do the magic...

What is missing from plasmashell according to my tests in order to
provide a unified experience are the following:

 1. plasmashell immutable changed signal
 2. toggle plasmashell immutable state
 3. toggle plasmashell widgets explorer appearance

Martin, if I send patches for the above to be included in the qdbus
interface do you think they will accepted or is it a design decision to
not expose them through dbus?

regards,

michail