[Differential] [Requested Changes To] D3707: add simple test rig for service runner

dfaure (David Faure) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 16 21:44:26 UTC 2016

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> servicerunnertest.cpp:5
> + *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> + *   it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License version 2 as
> + *   published by the Free Software Foundation

Is LGPL-v2-only on purpose here?

> servicerunnertest.cpp:38
> +{
> +    // In a futile attempt to make sure kbuildsycoca doesn't break the users's cache, override
> +    // a bunch of vars which seem relevant enough.

Why futile? What is futile is the fear of breaking the user's cache ;)

You don't need any of this.

Since my big ksycoca refactoring a year ago, ksycoca's filename includes a SHA1 of the data dirs (see KSycoca::absoluteFilePath(), see also the filenames in your ~/.cache).
So QStandardPaths::setTestModeEnabled(true); is already enough, given that it changes the local data home dir, so it changes the sha1.

See also e.g. kservice/autotests/kservicetest.cpp which doesn't change any env vars.

As a benefit it's also more portable to non-xdg platforms.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES