[Differential] [Accepted] D2687: [Icon Widget] Bring back properties dialog

dfaure (David Faure) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 16 09:32:38 UTC 2016

dfaure accepted this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> iconapplet.cpp:285
> +
> +        // otherwise check if the applicaton supports the dropped type
> +        // TODO should we execute if *any* of the urls are supported, or if *all* are?

So if the application forgot to claim that it supports this mimetype, dropping a file onto it will do nothing?

I'm not sure this code is necessary. It's not very consistent either (an application which doesn't list any mimetype will be run without any restriction, while an application that lists a few mimetypes will not be started for other mimetypes).

Since the user is explicitly dropping a file onto an application, I would just start the application with the file as argument. MimeType= is about associating apps with files for the "click on a file in the filemanager" use case, where we have to be smart about selecting the right app. But here the user did select the app, we can obey the user's request, no?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES