[Differential] [Commented On] D3674: RFC: Allow pausing media players when screen is locked

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 14 21:15:52 UTC 2016

broulik added a comment.

  > use apparmor at some future point

  and from what I understand DBus access can be restricted on a per-interface/service basis with that? Dunno if it can do wildcards, though.

  > Kai, can you expand on your use cases

  At Randa I was listening to music, then when I locked my screen to get some more coffee, I always forgot to pause my music and since Plasma encourages you to be lazy usually, that's when I really wanted that feature and even built a hack into media controller applet for the rest of the week.

  > I think after a suspend movie should always be paused

  I like that, what about me adding a checkbox to PowerDevil to have it pause music on suspend? That would fix [1] (I know we forward media keys but I still liked that scene in that video).

  [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQoQE_HDG8g&t=32m6s

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

EMAIL PREFERENCES