status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

Dennis Knorr dennis.knorr at gmx.net
Wed Dec 7 14:19:22 UTC 2016

Am 07.12.2016 um 10:46 schrieb Kai Uwe Broulik:
> Even if the entries still show up in the context menu when you restricted them (which would be a bug you should report) kcmshell will still refuse to open it, so it should be purely cosmetical then.
>
> I *think* the network editor, not being a regular system settings module, cannot currently be restricted. :/ Needs to be figured out.

If you talk about the network editor for the
networkmanagement-plasma/networkmanager, you can restrict the
networkmanager directly

Either with polkit, this is done like it is described in
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2141331
or with networkmanager itself.

For this, You would have to define a network-connection and with "nmcli
general permissions" you can see the current configuration and restrict
modification to a connection (only stop/start/restart it for example).
This is than written down in
/etc/networkmanager/system-connection/connectionname where users and
groups are specified which are allowed to edit/start/stop connections :)