[Differential] [Commented On] D3598: rework kscreen's OSD logic

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 6 11:03:47 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added a comment.

  It has the future wayland problem that MG wants to limit which applications can access which interfaces; you're implicitly using a plasma specific one in Dialog to position the window, which would make kded need to be a "trusted application"

  So whatever this solves, I think we might end up going back and having to fix plasmashell in the future.
  (or move this into low level kwin, which is the only way you'll be able to show the right output identifier on mirrored screens)

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in osd.cpp:38
> Can we lazy-load this first time it is used? It's not like you often change screen setup
>
> Edit: nvm, saw later that you actually create the entire thing on demand

you're not getting and look and feel / theming in here.

> osdmanager.cpp:44
> +    });
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerService(QStringLiteral("org.kde.kscreen.osdService"));
> +    if (!QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject(QStringLiteral("/org/kde/kscreen/osdService"), this, QDBusConnection::ExportAllSlots)) {

FWIW, You're already exporting Daemon in this application as

service: org.kde.kded5
path: /modules/kscreen
iface: org.kde.KScreen

I'm not convinced you really need a new service, and your new paths/iface don't match up the same style.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen

EMAIL PREFERENCES