[Question] - How not to show two menus for applets based on ContainmentInterface code?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:16:03 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I am working lately in NowDock to add things that exist in the official
Plasma Panel in the new architecture of Now Dock Panel which provides a
sub-classed QMLWindow in order to provide its magic...

I have a small issue with the plasmoids in the Now Dock panel, Even
though I managed to take functionality from ContainmentInterface for
mousePress, mouseRelease events in order to show menus for the various
applets inside the dock, I have the following two problems:

1) applets that provide their own PlasmaComponents.ContextMenu for their
right click are showing two menus now, theirs and the one created by me
for this plasmoid...

Have I missed something? How does the ContainmentInterface understands
that an another menu is provided from the applet in order not show its
default created menu by ContainmentInterface?

2) the systray even though it provides its menu for configuration it
doesnt provide that functionality for each applet inside it separately
(If I disable my dock created menu for systray then the applets inside
the systray are showing their menus correctly)

any ideas for this?

regards,

michail