[Differential] [Request, 97 lines] D2630: Support highlighting windows through EffectsHandlerImpl

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 30 14:08:32 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma on Wayland.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, KWin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far TabBox used highlight windows by passing window ids around through
  an X property. This doesn't work on Wayland where we don't have window
  ids for our TabBox and the Wayland windows.

  This change introduces a new Effect::Feature for HighlightWindows which
  the HighlightWindowsEffect provides. The EffectsHandlerImpl has a new
  method to highlightWindows which it delegates to that effect if it is
  loaded by invoking a slot through the meta object.

  The TabBoxHandler now passes the highlighting to the effects system
  instead of updating the x11 property. Thus this works on Wayland and
  at the same time improves the X11 side by no longer having to go through
  the property protocol.

TEST PLAN
  Verified that Alt+Tab highlights the windows on Wayland correctly.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  highlight-windows-through-effects

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/tabbox/mock_tabboxhandler.h
  effects.cpp
  effects.h
  effects/highlightwindow/highlightwindow.cpp
  effects/highlightwindow/highlightwindow.h
  libkwineffects/kwineffects.h
  tabbox/tabbox.cpp
  tabbox/tabbox.h
  tabbox/tabboxhandler.cpp