addWidget or createApplet in a new Panel?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:38:21 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have managed to create an alternative panel for Plasma, that behaves
to its applets in a plank-mac way. Just like the Now Dock plasmoid, the
Now Dock panel can grow its applets on hovering.

But I have a small issue I think. I can not find a way in order by
default when the first time the panel is created to add a specific
plasmoid in it. In the qml code of the panel I tried,

plasmoid.addWidget

plasmoid.createApplet

but these functions do not exist, is there any other way?

regards,

michail