[Differential] [Commented On] D2567: Load QtQuick rendering settings from config

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 25 08:28:52 UTC 2016

broulik added a comment.

  Would make sense to put that into KDeclarative?

INLINE COMMENTS

> qtquicksettings.cpp:32
> +    if (s.force2DRenderer()) {
> +        qputenv("QMLSCENE_DEVICE", "softwarecontext");
> +    }

In Qt 5.8 there's a new QT_QUICK_BACKEND variable, however they supposedly are equivalent.

Also, for 5.8 I'd feel more comfortable using

  static void QQuickWindow::setSceneGraphBackend(const QString &backend)

instead of messing with env variables

> qtquicksettings.h:34
> +     */
> +    PLASMAQTQUICKSETTINGS_EXPORT void initialise();
> +}

:)

> renderer.kcfg:11
> +        </entry>
> +        <entry name="Force2DRenderer" type="Bool">
> +            <default>false</default>

I doubt we'll have Plasma running on Direct3D 12 anytime soon but with more backends in the works (Vulkan), should we perhaps make this a list of options rather than a bool? But then we can also change that later if those backends arrive.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES