[Differential] [Request, 5 lines] D2570: Fix panelview config cleanup

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 25 02:37:56 UTC 2016

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Connecting to QObject::destroyed with Qt::QueuedConnection *should*
  crash, when you use the object that's been deleted. it doesn't make any
  logical sense.

  The only reason it doesn't is because of another hack in Plasma-
  framework where containment.cpp where containment emits
  QObject::destroyed (yes really)  before the actual destruction.

  Unfortunately we can't fix the hack in frameworks till we fix this hack
  round the original hack here.

  This patch ports it to a different signal, which is emitted before
  object teardown without hacks.

TEST PLAN
  checked debug appeared when deleting a panel

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  autostart2