Discussion about module-device-manager change to module-switch-on-connect

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:33:24 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM, David Rosca <nowrep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > What i'd like for this thread is to consider loading
> > module-switch-on-connect by default (changing the line in
> > start-pulseaudio-x11) and thus consider removing
> "module-device-manager". It
> > would most certainly improve the user experience for those that have USB
> > headsets.
> >

> No, I am against this. There are users that prefers
> module-device-manager and also, more importantly,
> module-device-manager allows user to configure precisely which stream
> types to route where.
> What I plan to do instead (for Plasma 5.8) is to add config option to
> plasma-pa to use module-switch-on-connect instead (possibly by
> default).

Hi David,

I understand your opinion, but isn't this used by only a very small number
of people?
How do you even set that up what you describe? If i look under Multimedia
-> Audio, i only see "Default" everywhere. I have - in this case - a
speaker plugged in (jack connection) and a headphone (also jack connection).

I'm glad that you're willing to add an option for this. By default would
obviously be my preference, but just an option is very nice as well :)