[Differential] [Request, 869 lines] D2473: Create Cursor instance through Platform

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 18 08:12:22 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma on Wayland.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, KWin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  By default the InputRedirectionCursor is created and only the X11
  standalone platform creates the X11 specific cursor.

  This is a preparation step for moving the X11 specific cursor
  implementation into the x11standalone platform plugin.

  Move X11Cursor into the x11standalone platform plugin

  At the same time the xinput2 integration is split out of X11Cursor
  and made a standalone part of the platform plugin. XInput integration
  is nowadays not only used by the cursor position polling, but also
  for modifier only shortcuts.

  By splitting it out the modifier shortcuts start to work also when
  one doesn't have anything requesting a mouse position polling.

  This also simplifies the conditional builds: xinput integration is
  only included if we have support for it at compile time without having
  to have many ifdefs in the cursor implementation. For the inclusion of
  cursor in the kcmkwin this also removes all the ifdefs.

  The key events are only requested if we have xinput 2.1. Otherwise we
  would not get all raw events if the input device gets grabbed.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  x11cursor-to-platform

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  cursor.cpp
  cursor.h
  kcmkwin/kwinrules/CMakeLists.txt
  kcmkwin/kwinrules/detectwidget.cpp
  kcmkwin/kwinrules/kwinsrc.cpp
  keyboard_input.h
  main.cpp
  platform.cpp
  platform.h
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/CMakeLists.txt
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11_platform.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11_platform.h
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11cursor.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11cursor.h
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/xinputintegration.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/xinputintegration.h
  utils.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES