Help needed - Discussion concerning panels

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:26:04 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 17 August 2016 00:13:08 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
> 1. This panel should be able to set its size(width and height) according
> to the visual which is shown. I tried,
>
> Layout.*widths and Layout.*heights to set them in a fixed size but
> nothing happened.
>
> Is it possible to do that? to set the panels size with enforcement?

the panel can expose a size hint, but it's the user that decides what is the
wiggle room of it.
if on the panel controller you put with the handles a very small minimum size
and a big maximum size, then the panel should be able to resize itself within
those limits

> 2. The panel which was created is the default empty panel which is used
> in Plasma. When I right click my visual to go to old configuration
> dialog of the plasmoid instead of the configuration window, the panel's
> settings are appearing next to the panel (Add widgets, set size, etc)...
> is it possible to override this? or open the old configuration dialog?

no, not for panel containments, i would not be sure how to make a normal config
dialog available

> 3. Is it possible to tell the panel to not draw its background, as the
> plasmoids can do? in order to support transparency? but keep the
> plasma's theme untouched?

this should be added into plasmashell, and may be a good idea
(would just be by setting plasmoid.backgroundHints to none)
I would like to try to add that, but should be a Plasma 5.9 feature i think

--
Marco Martin