Subsurface-mobile status update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 15 14:04:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:33:08AM +0200, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 15 August 2016, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Kirigami as is has a few oddities. It compiles neither with cmake nor with
> > qmake. Hmm.
> >
> > I have patches for that, but on iOS it still dies at startup with a
> > BAD_ACCESS to address 0x1 when trying to loop over the
> > m_stylesFallbackChain in KirigamiPlugin::componentPath (we are building
> > static).
> >
> > I have pushed what I have to Subsurface master if someone else wants to
> > play with this.
>
> thank you for noticing, i'll push them upstream asap!

Thanks. Sorry for the syntax error in the cmake - I had just commented out
that line and then figured "nah, I should instead make it conditional" and
of course forgot to compile test that :-(

Do you have any idea, though, while this is crashing for me on iOS?
The crash is always in some Qt internal - and it's always that some
internal Qt managed pointer is set to 0x1 which then of course gives a bad
access when dereferencing it.
It seems to me that somehow some variables aren't set up correctly during
the Qt initialization - but I have no idea what to do about it.

I can send stack traces or anything that would be useful. I tried to debug
things but seem to be only falling deeper into the rabbit hole.

/D