libtaskmanager, QIconItem, Timers cannot be stopped from internal code ?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:24:25 UTC 2016

Hello, I am using the new libtasksmanager with QIconItems for the tasks.
For a few days I receive the following error when I close the
plasmawindowed application:

QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
----

and from plasmashell:

QObject::startTimer: Timers cannot be started from another thread

-----

I believe both of them are by the same issue...

I created I test code that reproduces it, this is the main.qml from a
simple test plasmoid:

by commenting the line
             icon: decoration

the error stops...

by using PlasmaCore.IconItem it also stops...

-----------------------------

import QtQuick 2.0
import org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0 as KQuickControlAddons

import org.kde.taskmanager 0.1 as TaskManager

Item{

     TaskManager.TasksModel {
         id: tasksModel
     }

     ListView{
         width:350
         height:120

         model: tasksModel
         orientation: Qt.Horizontal

         delegate: KQuickControlAddons.QIconItem{
             width: 40
             height: width

             icon: decoration
         }