stylesheed folders

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:58:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

since a few days you can find in breeze-icons the posibility that folders
follow the color scheme colors.

https://kdeonlinux.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/rainbow-folders/

As visual changes for folders are very importend for the user (visible in
dolphin quite often) I'd like to discuss if we should use the stylesheed
color.

pro
+ unified layout the plasma theme, window decoration follow the color scheme
+ distros can brand default breeze easy without fork it
+ plasma designer get more power
+ no visual changes for the default color schemes (breeze and breeze-dark)

con
- new features mean new bugs (select folder in dolphin)
- visual changes via update. user can't switch to old blue folders

feedback is very welcome. please test the new feature it wasn't released in
kf 5.25 it's only inmaster

thanks
Andreas