[Differential] [Commented On] D2377: use the feature summary to communicate runtime deps

heikobecker (Heiko Becker) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 9 10:05:58 UTC 2016

heikobecker added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2377#44495, @sitter wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2377#44484, @heikobecker wrote:
  >
  > > So I think two Find... modules are also needed or "message..." should stay.
  >

  > Well. No.
  >
  > https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/find_package.html
  >
  > > Every non-REQUIRED find_package call can be disabled by setting the CMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_<PackageName> variable to TRUE.

  Well, I understand that but I *really* don't think a message should be shown, that always yields the same result, no matter if it can be disabled via CMAKE_D_F_P_Foo or the packages in question are installed or not. What's the difference to message in that case?
  Also imagine a user investigating why the two packages don't show up although he has installed them.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAINTEGRATION Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

BRANCH
  master

EMAIL PREFERENCES