[Differential] [Commented On] D2345: use a separate configuration per look and feel

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 4 00:44:07 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in shellcorona.cpp:469
> how would you notice knf has been changed? only info about it is that key in kdeglobals

DBus signal from the KCM.

It's how we do fonts, styles, colours etc.

> mart wrote in shellcorona.cpp:511
> can we have kconf_update that are guarantee to run before plasmashell is started?
>
> was also thinking about just using the same file and have the config to be lost on switch (that's actually what the vdg proposed initially) tough seems really too dangerous to me

> can we have kconf_update that are guarantee to run before plasmashell is started?

Good question.

kconf_update also monitors for new scripts at runtime, which is another bug waiting to happen.

We might need to have some sort of:

if (exists(plasma-shell-appletsrc) {

  move(plasma-shell-appletsrc   , plasma-shell-lnf-appletsrc)

}

> mart wrote in shellcorona.cpp:720
> i'm thinking about adding a
> QObject *Applet::graphicsRepresentation() as the access to it seems to have became necessary in many places

Might be nice, but that doesn't solve the thing that's the problem.

You can't just randomly delete things owned by some other object. Knowing which objects owns what is a core part of good design.

>From what I can see:

- Applet owns the DeclarativeAppletScript (member var script)
- DeclarativeAppletScript owns the AppletInterface (AppletScript set as parent)

delete the applet (which is literally the next line) and you delete this anyway.

If this solves a problem, you're solving it in the wrong place.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES