[Differential] [Commented On] D2345: use a separate configuration per look and feel

mart (Marco Martin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 3 16:43:10 UTC 2016

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in shellcorona.cpp:469
> why are we tracking file modifications?
> That's not how the rest of the KCMs work.

how would you notice knf has been changed? only info about it is that key in kdeglobals

> davidedmundson wrote in shellcorona.cpp:511
> yes, otherwise everyone currently using breeze-dark loses their config on upgrade.

can we have kconf_update that are guarantee to run before plasmashell is started?

was also thinking about just using the same file and have the config to be lost on switch (that's actually what the vdg proposed initially) tough seems really too dangerous to me

> davidedmundson wrote in shellcorona.cpp:720
> That's clearly not how Plasma should be designed.

i'm thinking about adding a
QObject *Applet::graphicsRepresentation() as the access to it seems to have became necessary in many places

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES