[Differential] [Request, 87 lines] D1514: [Milou] Optimize sources model

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 30 11:48:37 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rMILOU Milou.
broulik added a project: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This optimizes the sources model by avoiding model resets and cleaning up the code.

TEST PLAN
  KRunner feels a lot snappier. It does not fix the initial lag we get when ListView creates all the delegates but subsequent updates to the results should be noticeably faster. Unfortunately KRunner jumps around a bit sometimes when results come and go which was previously probably covered by it just blocking without rendering that.

  I didn't understand the way the results are stored in the model thorougly enough to make it a proper model with beginInsertRows/endInsertRows when new results are added, though.

REPOSITORY
  rMILOU Milou

AFFECTED FILES
  lib/sourcesmodel.cpp