[Differential] [Request, 111 lines] D1479: [Notifications] Limit notification size and scroll to the bottom if needed

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 24 20:53:32 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, Plasma: Design, mck182.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace.
broulik added a project: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This limits the size of the notifications in the popup to 10 lines of text.
  The limit was removed when it was changed to a TextEdit so text could be copied from it.

  Unfortunately we cannot elide, so I chose to scroll the text to the bottom instead.
  This works well when multiple notifications are grouped together as there the recentmost one (ie.
  the bottom one) will be most important. For long notifications about emails it probably doesn't
  work as good but applications shouldn't dump entire novels in there anyway.

  BUG: 361389
  FIXED-IN: 5.7.0

TEST PLAN
  Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS7txBdLzvs&feature=youtu.be

  You can select text but you cannot scroll.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/Jobs.qml
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml
  dataengines/notifications/notificationaction.cpp
  dataengines/notifications/notifications.operations
  dataengines/notifications/notificationsengine.cpp
  dataengines/notifications/notificationsengine.h
  shell/osd.cpp
  shell/osd.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES