[Differential] [Commented On] D1444: Switch virtual terminal through logind instead of having a VirtualTerminal implementation

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 21 11:33:21 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1444#27056, @aspotashev wrote:

  > Does this mean Ctrl+Alt+Fxx won't work without systemd, i.e. I'll need to hard reset my computer when Plasma session crashes or hangs up?

  No, that means Ctrl+Alt+Fxx won't work on Wayland(!!!!!) without the logind dbus interface. Which is no change to the status quo where one needs logind dbus interface to even reach the point that one could press ctrl+alt+Fxx.

  Whether that logind dbus interface is provided by systemd-logind, logind-shim or yabadabadu is completely irrelevant. The change was motivated by the need of a system using upstart.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  vt-integration-through-logind