Kirigami: a feature needed for subsurface and api change feedback

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Apr 20 15:19:05 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 19 April 2016 05:03:01 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Since it's not something that Kirigami was made for, I fear that at some
> > point, it will just break, and it would neither be good if Kirigami had
> > adapt to Subsurface-mobile's specialties, nor if you had to work
> > "against"
> > Kirigami.
>
> No such intention here. I know that Sebastian and Marco worked on this
> initial implementation together (quite a while ago by now). It works.
> It doesn't seem to break things. I wouldn't be surprised if all this
> could be done better, but I don't feel competent to judge that.
>
> > Maybe the fact that you are doing these "weird things" points to an
> > important  pattern which Kirigami is missing and should be added in a
> > proper way.

> Sebastian, can you comment on that?

Well, why should pages not support states? These two things seem rather
orthogonal to me.

I know Marco wasn't overly happy with the separate view and edit states of the
dive list, but /in my mind/ it makes complete sense. (Gratuitous opportunity
to make the obvious "sebas, that's only in *your* head!" remarks. :))

That said, I'm not married to the setup, it can be made separate pages as
well, but would have to sync all the properties back and forth then (which to
some degree, it already does).

sebas

Sebastian Kügler    •    http://vizZzion.orghttp://www.kde.org