[Differential] [Request, 21 lines] D1445: Get the logind session to take over through env variable instead of own PID

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 19 08:36:31 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far KWin resolved the logind session to take over by  using its own
  PID with the method GetSessionByPID. This doesn't work if KWin itself
  is not part of the session or if KWin is supposed to take over a
  different session.

  The session to take over can now be provided by the env variable:
  KWIN_LOGIN_SESSION

  This allows to e.g. run kwin on vt1, but have the graphical output
  on vt2. Thus it's possible to see the debug output. Also it should allow
  to run kwin_wayland through an ssh session, so that gdb can be used.

  If we take over another session on a different vt, we need to make sure
  that it's the current virtual terminal. Otherwise assumptions in the
  startup code would break. So let's ensure the session we integrate with
  is active.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH