Munich Sprint

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon Apr 18 15:14:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

> No particular theme but I expect me and Harald to be there for KDE neon.

Awesome. So please have them explain the UX issues they're having with Plasma in such an environment. Issues I could grasp so far were:

* something about a printing tool kde 3 had we lost
* desktop pre-configuration
* kiosk and locking down the desktop so the user couldn't mess it up, including the ability to have system settings take precedence (iirc kconfig inheritance only works one-way)
* (plasma-)nm scripting / pre-configuration
* DrKonqi confusing users and the inability to report issues to us (policies) so they should be auto-reported to their it dep
* folderview in multi-screen: each screen operates on the same desktop folder, confusing users, especially those accustomed to Windows

Cheers,
Kai Uwe