Review Request 123653: New Minimize Windows Plasmoid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 14 09:22:51 UTC 2016

Hi Anthony,

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 06:00:24 PM Anthony Fieroni wrote:
> This applet is must have for many users, let's make'm happy :) =>
> http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Minimize+All?content=175817

I had discarded this review request since I didn't have time to maintain the
applet and my primary use-case went away.

>From GHNS you can't really install binaries (which this applet needs), so
linking to github is just going to generate unhappy users (they'll have to
hand-compile the applet, so install compiler, dev environment and all that), I
think in that light, it's actually less than useful -- you give the impression
that the user can easily install it, and then the user ends up on github (or,
who-knows-where if they used the "Download new Plasmoids" dialog), so it
simply won't work.

But, there's a solution: You could maintain the code in KDE's git repos, and
we put the applet in kdeplasma-addons.

Is this something you would consider?

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org