Plasma 5.7 Test Days scheduled for June 19th+20th; report from first prep meeting

Jens Reuterberg jensreu at kolabnow.com
Tue Apr 12 12:51:02 UTC 2016

Addendum from me:
I'm working on some nice infopgraphic for "How to do a bugreport" - the idea
being that it should be inviting, simple and suggesting different paths to
contact devs in a good and friendly way.

The notes I have so far about it is:
1) How to get the relevant data about the bug out
This is tricky because we want someone checking it to feel like they are doing
a good job without overwhelming them with info.

2) How to check for duplicates
Here I want to show how to search for the right place to put the bug, but also
introduce the simplest sort of "bug triaging light" for people just to show
how it works without scaring people away.

3) How to remain active with a bug
This is where I want to present what to expect with bugs, how bug checking
works from a dev POV and why its relevant to remain active on a bug report.
(also a way to prepare for the rather clipped language in Bugzilla)

What I need help with is:
- Suggestion for a way to get the "relevant data" when you encounter a bug
- What devs want users to think about when they may want to talk to you

When I get the notes in a line (this is just the quick notes I took during the
meeting that I thought I'd expand upon) I would love to pass them around to
devs with some doodles for graphics just to ensure that everything feels good
since they may affect you guys and gals eventually. :)

/Jens