[Differential] [Request, 237 lines] D1383: Fix crash on repainting an invalid sizes decoration

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 11 07:49:39 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If a window has an invalid size the decoration also has an invalid
  size. This results in the texture used by the
  SceneOpenGLDecorationRenderer to be invalid and being reset to null.
  Of course we shouldn't try to use this texture to render to.

  The change comes with a test case to simulate the situation. We cannot
  simulate it with Wayland clients as the geometry can never be empty.
  Thus we create an X11 client, resize it to an empty size and unmap it.

  This is the first integration test case which creates an X11 Client!
  It's also a test case which needs the OpenGL compositor. This will most
  likely not work on build.kde.org yet - we need to see what to do about
  it. Will need adjustments to get it at least skip on build.kde.org.

  BUG: 361551
  FIXED-IN: 5.6.3

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  dont-crash-empty-deco-5.6

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/wayland/CMakeLists.txt
  autotests/wayland/dont_crash_empty_deco.cpp
  client.h
  scene_opengl.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES