appstream in Plasma

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 17:47:17 UTC 2016

Am 2016-04-07 18:01, schrieb Scarlett Clark:
> FWIW some distros like Kubuntu (neon?) use systemsettings for all of
> our system settings. So having separate places for all other settings
> is very poor user experience.

But Kubuntu uses Plasma and systemsettings is installed. So for Kubuntu
it just doesn't matter whether there is appstream data for
systemsettings. In fact it would be bad, why list something which the
user has installed and should not uninstall.

> And I do recall seeing in various places third party KCMs like systemd
> and feel that this absolutely should be supported.

Sure, 3rd party can install to integrate with Plasma. That's fine. But
not a reason to have systemsettings available outside of Plasma.

Cheers
Martin