appstream in Plasma

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 13:14:44 UTC 2016

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:08:07 PM CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Martin's thread on metadata got me wondering about if we should have
> appstream files in Plasma.  It would be nice to have plasma-desktop in
> software installers for people who run another desktop and want to
> install it.  There's also applications like

> system settings (which has
> dozens of plugins),

system settings is a workspace configuration tool. I don't see how that is
useful to anyone not using Plasma

> khotkeys

khotkeys is already on the death bed - see my thread for that. Also it relies
on Plasma tools like kded, kcmshell/systemsettings, etc.

> and kinfocenter which may or may not be
> useful for appstream.

KInfocenter when opened presents me:
* a huge plasma logo
* the plasma version

I don't see how that's useful for anybody not using Plasma.

Personally I don't think that it makes sense to list the Plasma tools in
appdata.

Cheers
Martin