metadata.yaml for Plasma projects?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 09:41:25 UTC 2016

Hi Plasmates,

an idea for better documentation is to introduce some metadata similar like
what frameworks have. This could be useful for potential devs who want to
contribute, but also for distributions as in that way:
* we can specify whether it's experimental, released, obsoleted, etc.
* what other Plasma projects it depends on
* who is maintaining it and where to reach us

Below I have an example how this could look like (in the case of KWin).

What do you think?

Cheers
Martin

# The maintainer of the project
maintainer: graesslin
# A short description of the project
# tier 1: depends only on Qt and KDE frameworks
# tier 2: depends only on Qt, KDE frameworks and tier 1 Plasma projects
# tier 3: depends on Qt, KDE frameworks, tier 1, 2 and 3 Plasma projects
tier: 3
# Whether the project is obsoleted, if true means it's not included in future
# releases any more
obsoleted: false
# Whether this is an experimental project
experimental: false
# Whether it's included in releases
release: true
# The git clone url
git: git://anongit.kde.org/kwin
# some code review information on phabricator
phabricator:
    # url to the diffusion
    diffusion: https://phabricator.kde.org/diffusion/KWIN/
    # the review group