bbcukmet feature in bugfix branch?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 12:12:45 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2016, 11:23:04 CEST schrieb Harald Sitter:
> Not that I know what an ion is but I am pretty sure [1] is a feature
> and not a bug fix, yet it is in the bug fix branch for 5.6 :-(

thanks for speaking out when seeing possible rule breaking, very appreciated.

This one though was talked about on #plasma this Monday, and I made the plasma
release master consider it to be a regression fix, by the reasoning that the
weather widget (or rather weather dataengine) in Plasma4 times had the
bbcukmet ion, while the revived one did not, where the bbcukmet is actually
the one most useful to most people, with good world coverage and more complete
data for current observation and forecast.
The patches used where also already part of upstream releases with the Plasma4
in Fedora at least.

Was a tough call and an exception, for sure, nothing I plan to do all the
time.

Cheers
Friedrich