RFC: Enabling users to report issues with Plasma widgets

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Apr 5 08:45:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

> So with the experience of the 40 plugins in KWin I think the possible gains presented here do not justify the addition of code and UI elements.

I have to disagree. You can't really compare KWin plug-ins of which users usually shouldn't even be aware they are a thing to Plasma applets which are user-facing mini applications.

A user might see the network applet shows crap and so they want to report specifically that to the network guy, or a minor issue in Kickoff, etc. and we usually have a bko component for all applets assigned to the right guy.

Re the honor of third party applets: yes, that too, we used to have that in widget explorer but now there's nowhere to see license or author info.

Cheers,
Kai Uwe