Kirigami 1.0 feedback

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 4 14:11:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 03:40:50PM +0200, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2016, you wrote:
> > > the patch is fine, but I would prefer the property to be called "opened"
> > > that even if doesn't shound great, is the name of an analogous property
> > > for OverlayDrawer, so i would like to keep the naming consistent. can
> > > you adapt it? or i can push then rename
> >
> > I'm on my phone at the airport and don't know when I'll have internet for
> > my computer again, so feel free to apply the patch as is and the rename
> > the property...
>
> uh, actually the opened property was already there ;)

I tried to use it and it didn't work. I must have missed something.
Let me try again.

> just pushed the "snap" behavior in the overlay sheet that you suggested

Just saw that but haven't played with the latest binary, yet.

> > > the blurred part may be not possible (i guess that functionality on ios
> > > blurs the homescreen, that would have to be done by the operating system
> > > itself)
> >
> > Well, doesn't need to be blurred home screen. Could be the blurred copy of
> > what you are moving. Or just an oddly shaded area. Just so it looks
> > intentional.
>
> pushed an alternative version that should behave better (will have the
> background image instead of the current gray rectangle)

ditto

> > That works. In the current version that I sent and with the way
> > Subsurface-mobile uses it it works as bread crumbs. Only if you are
> > scrolled down on dive list (which hides the crumbs), then a tap "up there"
> > gets you back to the top of the list. Which shows the title bar, which
> > then works as bread crumbs again since you are already at the top.
> >
> > It did feel quite intuitive to me.
>
> i'll probably put the "scroll to top" behavior in the entry of the current
> page

That would be a nice compromise...

Then add the iOS only upper left back button and most of my issues are
addressed. Oh, wait, the up to three buttons instead of just one action
button...

/D