Kirigami 1.0 feedback

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 01:02:05 UTC 2016

On Sunday, 3 April 2016 11:42:31 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Well, doesn't need to be blurred home screen. Could be the blurred copy of
> what you are moving. Or just an oddly shaded area. Just so it looks
> intentional.

Yes, and our visual designer is already working on a background image/pattern
for that :)

> > I would let it to be three at most..
>
> I'd like at least four so I can replace the context menu spot with a single
> button instead

Having a drawer handle on one side but a single button on the other side could
look and feel unbalanced, and could lead to a downright confusing situation
should you, at any point in the future and at any point in the application,
ever need at least one more button and therefore a context drawer, because
then the same thing would in one screen execute an action but in another open
a drawer.

Is deleting a dive using the context drawer so unwieldy that it has to be
avoided at all cost?

Yes, it might look strange that there is a drawer with only one button, but it
could be regarded as an additional precaution against accidental deletion.

> > The action button is done by settng an action property to the Page.
> > so would be other two properties
> > secondaryAction
> > thirdAction  ?
>
> Yes. And cornerAction for the one replacing the context menu handle :-)

See above, I'm still unsure if that's a good idea.