Kirigami 1.0 feedback

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 2 11:40:26 UTC 2016

Responding to myself to add some clarifications based on some more
discussions with some of the testers...

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 10:44:03PM -0500, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> 5. the margin at the top when pulling down a list (e.g., our dive list)
> seems HUGE and unintuitive. It really looks like a bug to the user. But
> then Thomas explained what this was intended to do and it suddenly made
> sense. This exists in iOS as well; but there when you trigger it (not by
> pulling down but by a soft double tap on the magic button / finger print
> sensor) then the whole app jumps about as far down as you do (so my
> comment about HUGE may be wrong), but it shows the background behind the
> app and seriously blurs it to indicate that this is more than just white
> space, this is moving part of the screen closer to your thumb. Maybe you
> could do something similar?  Change the background for the margin that you
> create there? Or move the title bar down as well with the upper end of the
> page and have something blurred out above?

I think this is our consolidated feedback:

- make it an intentional action; stop at the top when scrolling, but when
  the user stops and scrolls down again, then do the overscroll
- have the title bar stay attached to the top of the list and create some
  blurry background above, to make it visually more obvious that you are
  pulling down the top of the application
- if the user lets go of the screen and takes no action for 3 seconds,
  have it snap back up to the top again

I hope this helps and makes sense

/D