Review Request 125437: Made new applet icons for all applets

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:26:04 UTC 2015

> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125437/diff/1/?file=408607#file4086

> only
> for
> > >
> > > should I remove the org.kde.? I would prefere icon names like
> > >
> > > plasma-showactivitymanager
> > >
> > > according to our wiki
> > >
> https://github.com/NitruxSA/breeze-icon-theme/wiki/Icon-naming-and-categor
> > > ization-guidelines-in-Breeze
> >
> > fine with me, in that case is perhaps better to have
> > plasma-applet-showactivitymanager
> > to be really sure all names won't clash with something else some day
>
> I'd prefer having the plugin name (so keeping the org.kde prefix) also
> used in
> the icon name, it's way easier to find the icon programmatically this way
> (even if we define it in the .desktop file).

I'd prefere the naming of app specific icons according to our guidelines.
hope it would work for you too Sebastian. I understand that it is difficult
to find the right widget name in the plasma source code, cause the names
are quite different, but this is no icon name problem and of course widgets
should have the same icon type than all other apps.

plasma-applet-showactivitymanager