Plasma uses regular icons with dark desktop theme

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:55:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I use a Breeze Dark desktop theme and applications with default theme
(that is regular Breeze color scheme and regular Breeze icons).

The issue is that some icons on desktop are used from regular Breeze
instead of dark variant. It is because those icons are loaded with
QIcon::fromTheme which uses the global icon theme and that is regular
Breeze variant in my case.

So far I only came up with workaround in PlasmaCore.IconItem to
specially use dark icons (locate the icon with KIconTheme) in this
case. But this is a really ugly hack ...

How can we fix it? Or is this just unsupported setup, as it is not in
official look and feel packages?

Thanks,
David