Adding further modules to api.kde.org

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Sep 11 06:10:37 UTC 2015

Am 2015-09-10 21:50, schrieb Allen Winter:
> On Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:57:10 AM Martin Graesslin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> back in KDE4 days the workspace libraries were listed on api.kde.org
>> [1]. But
>> for the current version we don't have any API docs available. The
>> section
>> "Other KDE Software" [2] lists KDE Support, KDE Extragear and
>> Playground but
>> apparently nothing from what used to be KDE SC.
>>
>> Does anybody know how I can get our KDE Workspaces listed there again?
>> I'm in
>> particular interested in getting KWayland API documentation published.
>>
>> If nobody knows: does anyone know who needs to be poked.
>>

> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/workspace-apidocs/ exists
> The KDE SC stuff is shown under "KDE4 Versions"
> http://api.kde.org/history4.php
>
> I do notice that under the various KDE 4.foo tables we don't have a
> workspace entry
> we have kde-workspace, but not workspace.  seems like kde-workspace
> and workspace are similar.
>
> I'm not sure there's anything to fix.

Well it's KDE4, it's old and outdated. It doesn't list new modules like
the new KDecoration library or KWayland.

Looking at the documentation it seems like at least KWin's documentation
is from latest master - this is rather unexpected to be found under
"KDE4".

So yes I think there is lots to fix and I'm willing to look into it.
Just I need to be told how.

If I as the maintainer are not able to find the documentation of my own
software, nobody else is. Just that should show that there is quite
something to fix ;-)

Cheers
Martin