HIG and components API

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:00:18 UTC 2015

On Thursday 08 October 2015, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > * could some content for the global drawer be there by default? do we
> > leave a blank slate? even the hig examples are very heterogeneous
> > https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/GlobalDrawer
>
> Maybe you'd like to take a look at the qml-material components [1].
> I've looked into them, they seem high quality and have some
> interesting concepts.

it looks very good for sure, for sure there is some api and effects worth to
steal.

one thing however, i noted that the demo gallery after a couple of minutes of
use takes around 500MB of memory and still rising, while taking constantly
~40% of cpu

typical problem of QML, as soon one goes a bit entusiastic with tiny details
and pretty effects, things immediately go ballistic :/

--
Marco Martin