Remove plasma-desktop/useraccount code?

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Oct 9 11:46:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> Please CC me i'm not subscribed.
>
> Should we remove plasma-desktop/useraccount since we're not compiling it
> anymore?

Sadly, we cannot just remove it. It has avatars which are still shipped.

A commit without review was made to disable the useraccount kcm even
though it doesn't satisfy the criteria.

commit 92f2760d4f923e054e3ffc188e85e8c73ed290a6
Author: Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org>
Date:   Fri Jul 31 23:18:38 2015 +0200

    disable useraccount, replaced by user-manager

    user-manager does everything useraccount does so use that instead

    post 5.4 a rewrite of kcm_useraccount needs to be evaluated if it's better
    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.plasma/42358

    FEATURE

Later, David and I spoke about this and he being the awesome person he
is, installed the avatars -

commit 530ef81eca6049fe7a89c77a24785f7ac6ab7cdc
Author: David Edmundson <kde at davidedmundson.co.uk>
Date:   Wed Aug 19 16:26:18 2015 +0100

    User account might not be installed but the icons still need installing

So if you want to delete the code, go ahead, just leave the avatars. I
don't think you even need to go through review, the original person
doing this clearly did not.