problem stacking panels.

Stéphane ancelot sancelot at numalliance.com
Fri Oct 9 08:58:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have got problems migrating my application from gnome to kdE.

Have a look at next image :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bN5i_rCBsIczdFb1A4R0Q5Um8/view?usp=sharing

the display representation is as follow (19 inch vertical display) :

+------------+
|            |
|      1     |
|            |
|            |
|            |
|            |
+------------+
|            |
|      2     |
+------------+
|      3     |
+------------+
|      4     |
+------------+

4 areas are fixed and always visible. yes, we can tell they are docked.

Area 1 : this is the desktop area, where all user applications will be
visible (our branding application and any user application (emails, ....).

Area 2: this is an area dedicated to a virtual keyboard. The onboard
virtual keyboard seems being a good solution, regarding our first
experience .

Area 3 : this is an area dedicated to our application with some buttons
to drive a CNC machine. That part must be re-ingenered to be integrated
in KDE environment. (I don't know at this time which kde technology it
should use ?? this up to you to tell me in which right direction we must
go further)

Area 4 , this is a default customised panel, always visible and locked,
where the user can find date, notifications, network tray icon, launcher
button...

The area 1 and 2  and 4 seem working well .

The major problem is with areas 3 , we tried to add another panel, from
the desktop and stack it under the area 4, but it has not worked. Area 3
and 4 overloap each other. So, this seems being a wrong direction
regarding area 3. Yes, we can say it is a docked application.
any solution ?

Regards,
S.Ancelot

www.numalliance.com