KCM's and Plasma-desktop

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Oct 5 23:06:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Hannah von Reth <vonreth at kde.org> wrote:
>> Depending on whether we the themes configurable on Windows we could use
>> deskopthemes and icons.
>>
>> Baloo could be useful.
If Baloo requires such a UI to be used elsewhere, I'd say it should be
provided by Baloo.

>> Emoticons?
Same.

>> Maybe Style?
I doubt it, making just some Qt applications configurable on Windows is random.

>> Phonon, Knotifications.
>> In some setups Translations might be useful.
>> Maybe some more.
>
> or could have plasma-desktop a build very very limited on windows?
> like everything disabled from cmake except the few kcms?

I'd say that we must require frameworks to be thorough in their
multiplatform perspective and it's configurability.

If an application needs a KCM to work properly, it should be provided
by the framework, or otherwise the framework is crippled outside of
Plasma.

Aleix