How to handle drag-and-drop to the desktop in Plasma 5?

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 25 15:49:22 UTC 2015

Hi guys, in KDE 4 Ark used to be notified of dropEvents() to the desktop,
by having a dbus method called from
kde-base/plasma/applets/folderview/iconview.cpp (in particular from the
IconView::dropEvent() function).

In Plasma 5 this does not work anymore, as kde-base repo has not been
ported. But I see that drag-and-dropping files from Dolphin to the desktop
works, so: where is Ark supposed to "register" this dbus method, in Plasma
5?

Cheers,
Elvis

P.S.
I'm not subscribed to this list, so please add me to CC