Reminder: your window animations belong to KWin

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:23:28 UTC 2015

Couple questions:

 - I have a QQuickWindow which, by the docs, is rendered by OpenGL.
   Does the same assumptions hold as for animating X11 window?

 - The suggested KWindowEffects::slideWindow() takes WinId as arg
   but QQuickWindow has no WinId returning method. Can it still be
   animated using KWindowEffects?

 - The KWindowEffects::slideWindow() docs say "Desktop and Floating
   won't have effect". What is that referring to? The location argument
   does not offer such values. So I assume it's about a window type?
   How about the Notification window type? Is that Floating?

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer