RFC: plasmoid templates in plasma-sdk

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:50:47 UTC 2015

On Thursday 19 November 2015, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > > If in plasma-framework, it would kind of fit in with all the example
> > > plasmoid code. Not sure if that, or plasma-sdk, both make sense to me,
> > > perhaps plasma- sdk a bit more, even.
> >
> > sooo, plasma-sdk or plasma-framework? is the same for me, i have them
> > ready,  just to push wherever
> >
> > the argument for plasma-framework to me is *if* other frameworks are
> > going to  have their own templates in their repos as well
>
> Let's go for plasma-framework.

ok then.
now, another technical question (looking mostly at Aleix as ide-related tools
master:p) templates right now are installed by a quite complicated cmake macro
that is in kapptemplate as well (it creates a tarball from the sources and
then installs the tarball)
so..
since frameworks can't depend from kapptemplate for said cmake macro...

if many frameworks will end up having project templates, that should go in
extra-cmake-modules? if so and is something of global frameworks interest i
can try to go for such a global macro before pushing the rest

--
Marco Martin