RFC: plasmoid templates in plasma-sdk

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 13:42:30 UTC 2015

On Friday 13 November 2015 14:05:50 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > I'm planning to move it to plasma-sdk (together with a new one for an
> > hybrid QML/C++)  that it gets a bit less forgotten than the
> > long-forgotten kapptemplate
> >
> > thoughts?
>
> Maybe it should be installed by plasma-framework?

I tought about plasma-sdk because is the general repository of things you need
to develop plasma things and you don't need otherwise

not sure putting it in plasma-framework, would it always be installed? or
installed in the -devel package? (they are tarballs, are they generally
allowed in distros  in -devel packages?)

> The plan in general is to remove a place for templates and have them
> offered by the projects as an upstream. i.e. Calligra for their
> template, maybe also KParts, etc.
> This way the template would be installed together with the -dev distro
> packages.

yes, makes sense, most important is to have them in places harder to forget
about

--
Marco Martin