RFC: plasmoid templates in plasma-sdk

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Nov 13 13:05:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> After someone again asked how to make a new plasmoid, i rememebered
> there used to be a plasmoid template for kapptemplate/kdevelop, but
> while it's ported to kf5, it's a bit abandoned.
> I'm planning to move it to plasma-sdk (together with a new one for an
> hybrid QML/C++)  that it gets a bit less forgotten than the
> long-forgotten kapptemplate
>
> thoughts?

Maybe it should be installed by plasma-framework?

The plan in general is to remove a place for templates and have them
offered by the projects as an upstream. i.e. Calligra for their
template, maybe also KParts, etc.
This way the template would be installed together with the -dev distro packages.

Aleix