Qt Contributor Summit

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:08:25 UTC 2015

On Thursday 28 May 2015, David Edmundson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Aleix and I are going to the Qt Contributor Summit in a week to talk to Qt
> people about Qt things.
>
> If there's a specific issue you want us to talk aboout, please poke either
> of us.

There is one aspect I'm a bit concerned about and bitchy about is
QtQuickControls, so here it is my list to santa :p

It's still nowhere near good enough, development is very slow, direction seems
unclear
so, some questions for them would be
* what is the status/eta of the c++ rewrite?
* what is their future? is planned to make them a first class citizen on the
desktop? (therefore filling the many gaps they have such as keyboard
navigation, form layouts, way better comboboxes..)
* how can we help? we could put a bit of work in it, but right now if even an
one-liner patch(like https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111326/ ) gets
ignored for months there isn't bing incentive in doing bigger work. We could
take some tasks on them if then is feasible to merge

--
Marco Martin